Thursday 11 September 2014

Tap and Scroll Bug Issue in Lumia 1520

Nokia Lumia 1520 had been suffering from tap and scroll issue, which was a minor bug that haunted this device few days ago. This phone was announced last year and was given a Lumia Cyan update featuring brand-new Windows8.1. But after that, this high-end device was apparently affected with the scroll and tap issue. The bug randomly occurred when scrolling the display using a swipe, whereas the device registered it as ‘Tap’ (hardware misreading).However, this bug affects only those users who put pressure on the display while operating the device.

It has been recently discovered that it’s a consequence of a hardware design flaw, related to the size of the display. This problem arises when the digitizer behind the display becomes misaligned because of screen flex. This usually happens when the phone is kept with the display down. As a result, the device flexes downwards bringing about the centre contact to miss the connection.

We can now just hope that Nokia will soon accept this fault and bring around a fix for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too agree that Nokia Lumia 1520 has tapping and scrolling issues. I even contacted the iyogi technician in regard to the same issue. The technician guided me several ways in which I can use the smartphone, while avoiding such issues. It was quite relieving, but I still hope Nokia comes with some fixes for these issues.

Anonymous said...

I also came across similar issues with my Lumia 1520. Without waiting for the fixes by Nokia, I directly approached iyogi for help. The iyogi technician guided me to fix the issue on my own and now, I am able to access my phone without any unwanted scrolling. Thanks iyogi!